Honoured and thrilled with my professorship appointment at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). Proudly, I’m one of the 100 women in the Netherlands (and of 19 in Amsterdam) who are promoted in 2018 for professorship, awarded through special funds initiated by former Minister of Education Jet Bussemaker. I have been working at UvA more than two years now, following several exciting positions and appointments I held in the Netherlands, Belgium and Turkey. As of February 2018 I will hold the Chair of Urban Planning and Governance at Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Department of Human Geography, Urban Planning and International Development. I am immensely grateful and more motivated than ever !
- Appointed as professor of Urban Governance and Planning at the University of Amsterdam
- New urban leadership in the era of de-globalisation?
- Consensus hunters? Exploring the role of planners in the era of post-politics
- Modernist planning: What went wrong?
- We are organising a special session at AAG Annual Meeting in New Orleans