Honoured and thrilled with my professorship appointment at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). Proudly, I’m one of the 100 women in the Netherlands (and of 19 in Amsterdam) who are promoted in 2018 for professorship, awarded through special funds initiated by former Minister of Education Jet Bussemaker. I have been working at UvA more than two years now, following several exciting positions and appointments I held in the Netherlands, Belgium and Turkey. As of February 2018 I will hold the Chair of Urban Planning and Governance at Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Department of Human Geography, Urban Planning and International Development. I am immensely grateful and more motivated than ever !
- Student video 1: Waterfronts: Tales of placemaking in two developments by Margarita Yerastova and Kylie Burk (November 2017, UvA, Amsterdam)
- Student blog 2: Private actors for public space: Doomed to fail? by Kristina Habdank and Loreto Rocco Silva (November 2017, UvA, Amsterdam)
- Student blog 1: Spaces in-between: A private street for the public in the Zuidas district by Miriam Bonke and Mariam Hussain (November 2017, UvA, Amsterdam)
- Awarded by the ORA (Open Research Area for the Social Sciences) funds for a new research project
- Why is planning important in The Netherlands?