As part of the Urban Geography: Urbanization and Cities of the Advanced Economies course at Utrecht University, Roosevelt Academy, I created a blog to engage with students. The course focused on the diverse urbanization dynamics and periods characterized by significant social and spatial change. Students were expected to conduct comparative case studies using team blogs so that we could all follow their progress online! Find out what happened throughout the course here.
- Student video 1: Waterfronts: Tales of placemaking in two developments by Margarita Yerastova and Kylie Burk (November 2017, UvA, Amsterdam)
- Student blog 2: Private actors for public space: Doomed to fail? by Kristina Habdank and Loreto Rocco Silva (November 2017, UvA, Amsterdam)
- Student blog 1: Spaces in-between: A private street for the public in the Zuidas district by Miriam Bonke and Mariam Hussain (November 2017, UvA, Amsterdam)
- Awarded by the ORA (Open Research Area for the Social Sciences) funds for a new research project
- Why is planning important in The Netherlands?